JOURNAL | 2022 |
The Editor and Editorial Board of KMUTT Research & Development Journal are committed to maintaining the high publication standard and integrity of the Journal. The following ethical guidelines apply to all the parties involved in the whole publication process. All the authors and reviewers of the Journal are strongly encouraged to adhere strictly to these guidelines when submitting the manuscript to and reviewing the manuscript for the Journal.
Roles of the Editor and Editorial Board:
- Providing a rapid and fair treatment to all submitted manuscripts. All submissions are preliminary reviewed by the Editor and/or Editorial Board for suitability; the decision is rapidly made on whether a submitted manuscript would be accepted for a formal peer review.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all information related to a submitted manuscript. The information would be shared only with the corresponding author, potential reviewers, reviewers and publisher as deemed suitable.
- Maintaining a fair treatment to all authors and evaluating a submission only on its intellectual basis without regards to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the author(s).
- Monitoring and avoiding publication misconducts in relation to plagiarism, data fabrication and/or falsification, duplicate submission and citation manipulation. A submitted manuscript of the aforementioned nature would be withdrawn or rejected. An accepted article suffering the aforementioned violations would be retracted from the journal.
- Publishing errata when appropriate.
- Communicating with and seeking help and advices from the Editorial Board members on a regular basis. All the members shall be informed of the status and changes made to the Journal.
Roles of the Authors:
- Ensuring that a submitted manuscript contains original work that has not been published and/or under consideration elsewhere. Proper citations and references with accurate and sufficient details must be provided.
- Noting and following the globally accepted guidelines on plagiarism, data fabrication and/or falsification, duplicate submission and citation manipulation.
- Providing accurate and sufficient details of all authors along with their affiliations.
- Providing proper acknowledgement of research funding.
- Declaring any possible conflicts of interest.
Roles of the Reviewers:
- Agreeing to review a submitted manuscript only when being knowledgeable and able to give fair, unbiased and scientifically sound comments on the manuscript.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all information related to a submitted manuscript during the whole review process.
- Reviewing a submitted manuscripts and providing feedback and decision to the Editorial Office in a timely fashion.
- Advising the Editor when noting or suspecting any possible misconducts in relation to plagiarism, data fabrication and/or falsification, duplicate submission and citation manipulation.
- Not utilizing unpublished reviewed materials in own research without proper written permission of the authors.