Venue: National Chung Hsing University (NCHU), Taiwan
Period of activity: June 28th to August 25th, 2021
In present day, the environment is racing towards the tipping point where we would have done permanent damage to the planet earth. The year 2020 has brought unforeseen challenges to the earth, which placed our entire world at halt, and is still awaiting recovery. However, it’s also the year that has also brought massive technological advancements, specifically in the areas of Green Technology (Sustainability) and Biotechnology (Smart Healthcare). Taiwan has and continues to work tirelessly to find solutions for climate problems. On the other hand, Taiwan has done an exceptional job in minimizing the impacts of the pandemic in the country. With that said, for the 2021 GTI program focus on the topics of Green Technology (Sustainability) and Biotechnology (Smart Healthcare). We hope that by sharing our pioneering technology achievements with aspiring talents could bring out more ideas to inspire the next generation of tech leaders, and for them to work together for a more efficient and sustainable future.
- LAB/CORPORATE INTERNSHIPS
- FEATURED SPEECHES by distinguished scholars and experts
- CORPORATE VISITS practical learning & professional experiences
- LANGUAGE & CULTURAL EXPERIENCES embrace the beauty of Taiwan
Topic of the year: Green Technology (Sustainability) & Biotechnology (Smart Healthcare)
- Applicants must be in a regular program i.e. Undergraduate (3rd or 4th Year with research experience), Master or Doctoral program
- Proficiency in English
- Nonnative applicants need to present an English proficiency certificate at least have an English proficiency level of CEFR B2 level (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL iBT 72) in order to communicate smoothly with your supervisor).
- Applicants with physically and mentally healthy.
- GPA ≥ 2.50
- Passport holders of People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, or Macau (including dual citizenship) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Current degree seeking students, exchange and visiting students in Taiwanese educational institutions are NOT eligible to apply.
- People who have household registration (戶籍) in Taiwan (Republic of China) are NOT eligible to apply.
- KMUTT Outbound Internship Application Form (Download)*
- Statement of Purpose (max. 700 words)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Research proposal with explanation about your research interest in detail (max. 700 words)
- Recommendation Letter from your advisor
- Student Status Certificate
- Official Transcripts
- Copy of Passport (valid over 6 months before travel), if any
* Downloadable here
Financial Support :
- The program tuition fee will be provided by MOST GASE.
- Participants are responsible for airfares, visas, meals, local transportation, personal insurance and other personal expenses.
- Regarding the accommodation fee:
- Accommodation during 28th June – 4th July (6 nights) and 23th -25th August (2 nights) will be provided by MOST GASE.
- Accommodation during 4th July – 23th August will be paid by the subsidy you received from the Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan (R.O.C.) for the amount of NT$43,750 (approx. US$1,500) before tax (18%).
**Accommodation fee may vary from the choice of accommodation in different cities.
More Information: https://gasesummer.most.ntu.edu.tw/
How to Apply :
- Application Submission (must do both)
- Submit a HARD COPY of KMUTT Outbound Internship Application Form, along with other required documents to your department or International Affairs Office (IA) of your Faculty/School
- Submit a SOFT FILE (all in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Email subject “[MOST-Internship2021] [Student ID]”)
- Application Screening
- Your department will screen out and submit the application package to KMUTT International Affairs Office (IA).
- Interview and Selection
- Selection committee will interview, select, and nominate successful candidates to the partner institutions for their final consideration.
- Selection Announcement
- IA will announce the result to the department and students.
Due date of application submission: Thursday 18th February 2021 before 15.00 hrs.
Interview Date: To be announced
For more information:
Contact IA, the 6th floor, The Office of the President Building, KMUTT or please contact Ms. Saowalak (Mook) E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 02-470-8428