The World Technology Universities Network (WTUN) are seeking new and innovative solutions with digital creativity to try and address one of the WTUN’s chosen United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- Affordable and clean energy
- Climate action
- Clean water and sanitation
- Sustainable cities and communities
The proposal and short video will be assessed by WTUN’s judges, and the winning team will be selected to present their idea at the next meeting of the WTUN in Malaysia in October 2021.
The winner team will be funded for a trip to Malaysia with flights and hotel. However, If the Congress changes to a virtual format due to travel restrictions, students will be invited to present their idea online and offered an alternative cash prize.
How to apply:
- Get together a team of four students (undergraduate, postgraduate, or a combination and preferably multi-disciplinary). Maximum team size is four.
- Formulate your idea into a proposal and short video.
- Submit your proposal and short video online by Tuesday 01 June 2021.
Submission for the competition is completed via Microsoft Forms at the link below. You will be asked to answer a range of questions set to the assessment criteria below. Each proposal must also be accompanied by a short 3-minute video showcasing the proposal. The video must be uploaded to either Vimeo or YouTube and the link submitted with the Microsoft Form proposal.
Students are encouraged to ensure that their proposal confirms:
- How effectively does the proposal address the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals?
- How effectively is the proposed public engagement?
- Will there be a societal impact? If so, how?
- Does the proposal harness digital creativity?
- How deliverable is this proposal?
- Is this a cost-effective proposal?
To view the videos from last years winners please visit the 2020 competition page.
For more information, please visit the student-competition page.