This scholarship is open to privately-financed international students entering a Master’s course at Tokyo City University (TCU) and who wish to continue to a doctoral course. It is intended to partially cover the expenses of establishing a suitable study environment. The goal of this scholarship is to educate leaders who, building on their research and achievements at TCU, will take an innovative role in an international society.
Length of Scholarship Period:
The length of the scholarship payments will be limited to the standard enrolment period for the masters and doctoral course as determined in the graduate school regulations. (Max. 5 years)
- Graduate School of Integrative Science and Engineering
- Graduate School of Environmental and Information Studies
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must be a privately-financed international student, and must satisfy all the following requirements,
- To excel both academically and personally, and who can be expected to make significant contributions in research and to the internationalization of the university.
- As a rule, to have achieved academic results within the top ten percent at a university within the top ten percent of universities in their country.
- Is able to submit a letter of recommendation from the president of the university where the above results were achieved.
- To be enrolled in a master’s degree course, and to continue to a doctoral degree course at TCU graduate school.
- Is not receiving any other scholarships or bursaries.
Application for the Scholarship:
Students who wish to apply for the scholarship must submit all the necessary application documents, transcript as well as a letter of recommendation from their university president.
Before the application, students are recommended to submit “Prior Consultation Form” to describe their interest in the field of study in the graduate school at Tokyo City University. Students must receive an approval from the future supervisor of their graduate study at Tokyo City University.
* The university reserves the right to refuse acceptance under a supervisor whose laboratory has met the maximum number of students.
Prior Consultation Form (Form D): Due by October 22, 2021, 23:59 PM Japan Standard Time (JST)
Application Documents (Form A, B, C): Due by October 29, 2021, 23:59 PM Japan Standard Time (JST)
for the semester starting from September 2022.
The condition is limited to those who have achieved academic results within the top ten percent at a university within the top ten percent of universities in their country.
* If you are interested and receive an approval from the future supervisor of their graduate study at Tokyo City University, please inform and send required documents to email@example.com before 25 October, 2020. IA will contact to your given email for further instructions.
For more information and required documents