Disability Support Services Unit, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (DSSU@KMUTT)
Principle and Rationale
King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi is well aware of the importance of providing education service and supporting the education service to facilitate students at all levels considering mainly equality, therefore, the Disability Support Services Unit of King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi: DSSU@KMUTT has been established for the purpose to provide education support services for disabled students so they can access the teachings provided by the University and the University can oversee, monitor, coordinate, assist and provide support services so they can access the education with quality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being the central unit in providing services for disabled students.
- Supporting the provision of support services to assist disabled students so they can achieve their educational objectives considering the specific necessity of the student’s disability.
- Being the network for collaboration, coordination, and assistance to enable disabled students in accessing the University’s teaching system with quality.
- Publicity of useful information/news for the disabled students’ attention.
- Provision of consultation for the students and coordination with the work units in KMUTT so the disabled students can be provided with proper services.
- Application and coordination on educational fund grants for undergraduate disabled students.
- Support or provision of useful activities/services in responding to the disabled students’ needs.
- Survey, media, and facilities for disabled students in the University and gathering information for coordinating with the related work units.
Procedures for Requesting the Services at the Disability Support Services Unit
- Students can either contact the DSSU Service Unit on the 2nd floor of the Office of the President building or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to fill in the service request form.
- In case of contact in person: The DSSU Coordinator shall check the document and interview to acquire additional information.
In case of contact via email: The DSSU Coordinator shall check the document and make an appointment with the student for the interview to acquire additional information.
- The DSSU Coordinator to prepare data acquired from the interview and consider ways to assist the disabled student considering the specific necessity of the student’s disability and propose to the Unit Head.
- The DSSU Coordinator to inform the consideration result and proceed with the support services for the disabled student or coordinate with the related work units.
Students can contact for support services at the Disability Support Services Unit, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (Student Financial Aid Unit), 2nd floor, the Office of the President building, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (Bangmod), every Monday to Friday during 08:30 – 16:30
phone no. 0-2470-8185, email: email@example.com Facebook DSSUKMUTT