|BIWAKO Prize for Ecology 2000|
|Shiga Prefectural Government|
|- Individual persons, in principle
- Nominees must be resident in East and Southeast Asia, including the eastern part of Russia, and Western Pacific Area, but excluding Australia and New Zealand, whose research achievements in these areas are highly acclaimed.
- Nominees should be those who have made significant achievements in the study of ecology or related sciences dealing with aquatic environments and/or related subjects, and who are expected to develop further and advance their research. Important practical contributions of their research to mitigation water-related environmental problems will also be evaluated.
- Nominees should be, as a rule, under 50 years of age as of April 1, 2000
|- Nomination will be made using the "Nomination Form for 2000 Biwako Prize for Ecology", The Form must be completed in English or Japanese.
- The Nomination Form must be returned by mail by May 22, 2000
- As a rule, nomination is valid for the concerned year.
- Nominees who did not win the Biwako Prize for Ecology in the past are eligible to be nominated in future years.
|The Governor of Shiga Prefecture will decide on the Awardees by consulting the Steering Committee and will announce the name of the awardees in August 2000. The Steering Committee will propose to the Governor candidates selected by the Nomination Committee.|
|- The Prize will be conferred on 2 researchers.
- A certificate of merit and 5,000,000 yen will be awarded to each researcher.
|January 17, 2000 - May 22, 2000|
|(for further information)
Secretariat of BIWAKO PRIZE FOR ECOLOGY
c/o Planning Division, Department of Planning and Public Life,
Shiga Prefectural Government
4-1-1 Kyomachi, Otsu, Shiga, 520-8577, JAPAN
Tel: +81-77-528-3312 Fax: +81-77-528-4830
(to which the Nomination Form should be returned)
Assistant Secretariat of BIWAKO PRIZE FOR ECOLOGY
c/o International Lake Environment Committee
1091 Oroshimo-cho, Kusatsu, Shiga, 525-0001, JAPAN
Tel: +81-77-568-4567 Fax: +81-77-568-4568
Home page: http://www.ilec.or.jp/prize/e-index.html
Revised: 25 February 2000